Spotlight on STEM
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Hinsdale Public Library
20 E. Maple, Hinsdale
6:45 – 8:30 p.m.
Please join us as we take a close look at STEM education and career opportunities for women and girls. A panel of successful women in STEM careers will share their stories, challenges, lessons-learned, and secrets for success. Based on AAUW’s ground-breaking report “Why So Few,” we will explore avenues and opportunities for girls in STEM professions.
Middle school and high school girls and their parents are encouraged to attend
- Michelle Allegretti, (B.S. Electrical Engineering) Consultant, Database and Programming Languages
- Aileen Baldwin, (PhD, MPH, Virology) Research Scientist, United States Drug Testing Laboratories
- Janet Plate, (PhD Immunology, Microbiology) Professor, Rush University and Harvard University
- Becky Warren, (MBA, Technology and Programming) Executive Director, MARSH CLEARSIGHT
- Julia Weigel, (B.S. Chemical Engineering) Process Engineer, SOLVAY Chemical
RSVP to email@example.com
Mission: Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education and research.